Yes, and...

/
0 Comments

Reading Sherri Lynn Wood's book The Improv Handbook for Modern Quilter's is challenging me in a new way. She talks about approaching improvisational quilting with a "yes, and..." view. You have to affirm what's been done and add to it. 
This is hard! I'm trying not to plan too much or try to figure out the end result but just go with it.

This is what I have at the moment. 
Three pieced rows of blocks. I don't know where to go next and I have to be honest, it's kind of unnerving. Part of me likes a pattern and detailed steps that I can look ahead at. And part of me is trying to really embrace this improv technique and go with it.

One thing is for sure- it's fun! And different. And new. And scary lol

Let's see where this takes me.


You may also like

No comments: